John Iannozzi is a Principal of Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin. John chairs the firm’s Real Estate Tax Assessment Appeals Department. In addition to his general real estate practice, John is recognized for his expertise in the following areas of law: land use, zoning, municipal, tax assessments, and business law matters.
In the zoning, land use and development arenas, John represents a wide array of clients including business owners, home builders, landowners, and developers. John has a strong track record of success in obtaining development and zoning approvals from zoning hearing boards, planning commissions, and municipalities throughout the esteemed five county area of southeastern Pennsylvania.
With respect to his work for municipalities, John is an integral and vital member of the firm’s highly regarded Municipal Law Department. John assists in representing as a solicitor to the following municipal clients: Limerick Township, Upper Merion Township, West Conshohocken Borough, West Norriton Township, Hatfield Township, and the Borough of Hatboro. John has extensive expertise in handling all matters governed by Pennsylvania’s Municipalities Planning Code. John handles large multi-faceted subdivision and land development projects, complex ordinance drafting, economic revitalization projects, open space planning and acquisition, negotiating intergovernmental agreements, preservation of historical resources, and numerous other areas of law impacting the firm’s respective municipal clients.
John also assists clients with all legal and tax aspects of forming various business entities, including proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, and limited liability companies and has represented hundreds of satisfied property owners in successful real estate tax assessment appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, John served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alan M. Rubenstein, Bucks County Court of Common Pleas. While in law school, John served as a certified legal intern for the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office. While in college, John was a district office representative for Pennsylvania State Representative Robert W. Godshall. John is a member of both the Pennsylvania and Montgomery Bar Associations, having received both his undergraduate degree (B.A. magna cum laude 2001) and his law degree from Villanova University Law School (J.D. 2004).
John was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List in the areas of Land Use/Zoning for the years 2014-2017. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. In 2014, John’s outstanding legal work was also recognized when he received the prestigious Reporter’s Reader Choice Award for “Best Lawyer” in the community. John is actively engaged in giving back to his community. John serves on the St. Stanislaus Parish Council and serves on the Villanova University Law School Alumni Association Board of Advisors. John also volunteers his time working as a soup kitchen volunteer and assisting veterans in his community.
- Business Law
- Municipal Law
- Real Estate
- Zoning and Land Use
- Tax Assessment Appeals
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D. 2004)
- Villanova University (B.A. magna cum laude 2001)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- “Driverless Vehicles Driving Change in Real Estate?” HRMM&L Client Alert, October 2017
- Assessment Appeals presentation to 45 realtors, EveryHome Realtors, April 2014
- John Iannozzi interviewed on Tax Assessment Appeals and Act 319 for WNPV Radio
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Municipal Law Section
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Hatfield Township, Committee Person
- Villanova University Law School Alumni Association Board of Advisors
- Soup Kitchen Assistant (1997-present)
- St. Stanislaus Parish Council Member
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List for 2010, 2014-2017 in the area of Land Use/Zoning. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
- The Reporter‘s 2014 Reader’s Choice Award for “Best Lawyer.”
- Obtained for a client a high six-figure tax assessment reduction for its office building.
- Obtained zoning relief for a client to expand their religious institutional use.
- Drafted zoning ordinance text and map change for municipal client.
- Helped a client form a limited liability company to start a small business venture.
- Obtained zoning relief for a client to expand its warehouse building.
Driverless Vehicles Driving Change in Real Estate?
October 4, 2017
Eight Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin Attorneys Receive Recognition from Peers
May 31, 2017
Eight Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin Attorneys Named to 2016 Super Lawyers List
May 17, 2016
John Iannozzi Presents to Students at Villanova University School of Law
August 31, 2015
Eight Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin Attorneys Named to 2015 Super Lawyers List
May 18, 2015
John Iannozzi Quoted in Times Herald
May 15, 2015
John J. Iannozzi Voted 2014 Reader’s Choice Awards Best Lawyer; Firm Voted Best Law Office
July 9, 2014
Eight Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin Attorneys Named to 2014 Super Lawyers List
May 27, 2014
Three Attorneys Elected to Partnership
April 30, 2014
John Iannozzi returns to Catholic High School in Lansdale to offer career advice
January 31, 2013